Saturday, March 28, 2015

"I wouldn't want to be you!"

I have neglected my blog for quite a while many reasons. Our home has been a little crazy most of the time, busy all the time and scary... only half of the time. Since my last post in 2012 I have added to my motherhood two amazing children. If I haven't already told you let me remind you I currently have a five year old boy Eli who is creative and loves to learn. A three year old glamorous little girl Bella who loves sparkles, a two year old girl Lily who is daring, ambitious and teaches me patience every day and my baby, Milo is a sweet and smiley one year old (I don't count months) who loves to be silly.A few months ago, I was at the store with my children and I usually hear comments such as, "You have your hands full!", "Are they all yours?" and "Are they twins?" as much as I can hardly stand such irritating comments I have learned to both expect and deal with these silly comments from complete strangers. On this particular day the kids were not being the angels I hope they would be at the store. The photo below is a typical shopping day when I take all four kids by myself. We live in a small town Wal-Mart is our local shopping store. I must add that as much as I love Target, for one our town does not have one and for two I am a stay at home mom...I can not always afford Target's usual prices. Back to my story...My daughters on this day were sitting next to each other and fighting when Lily screamed... mind you it was one scream but it was a scream just the same. I talked to my youngest and told her we do not scream in the store. There to my right was an older woman, she looked at my and said, "I wouldn't want to be you!" I was astonished at her comment this comment made all other comments seem like compliments! I could not believe my ears, following my shock I brightly told the "elderly woman" "Well, I actually love my life, it's pretty great." She looked at me like I was crazy. All afternoon I thought of the incident. I thought perhaps that woman was old and alone knowing no joy in children, maybe she did have children and raised them herself with regret. I knew that whatever the case she was unhappy and probably regretful. Soon I began to think of my life, being a mom is hard and on several days I cry and cry but when I see my children smile and for what seems like the first time ever, play together without a fight and say, "mommy, I love you." I don't regret my life, not in any way whether it is through being a mother or just life in general. Everything happens for a reason and my children, whether you believe it or not, are a gift from God each one no matter how silly they may act. I am blessed beyond measure for this responsibility of raising each one, which I do not take lightly. When I proceed to tell others the ages, or birthdays of each child many people are overwhelmed just hearing how my children are all about 15 months apart. The next thought for them is that either I am completely insane or a superhero in disguise. I may possibly be, at times, a little of both but honestly I am just a mom it's just as hard for me as you think it would be for you. I take it day by day and moment by moment keeping calm when I want to scream and yes sometimes I do scream but I love my life and what I do and wouldn't trade it for the world!

2 comments: