Sunday, March 29, 2015

Where Should I Sit?

Today is Sunday! A week ago my husband picked my son up from children's church after the morning service at our local church. Shortly after Brian informed me that he caught our eldest son sitting in the "bad seat" because he was talking with his buddy during their service. Of course, my husband and I were not pleased in the least. We told my son that he must behave and listen to his teacher and that maybe sitting next to his buddy wasn't the wisest choice. He seemed to listen to what we had to say but anyone who has raised a child knows that sometimes...they just...don't...listen! Today I didn't think much of it.
After the church service this week Eli runs up to me, "Mom! Mom! I won the best boy prize today because I sat next to Brooklyn!" I was so excited for many reasons. I was happy for Eli because he was happy, he listened, his dad and I did the right thing and it worked! I had no idea that he would turn full circle and be the best in children's church. This experience and choice was a success to my motherhood and quite honestly tomorrow he may be terrible and off the wall but we can celebrate because he made the right choice, today!




No comments:

Post a Comment