Saturday, April 4, 2015

"Our Terrible, Horrible, No Good Day"

What do these four things have in common, you may ask? 



One word...Lily! This week there was a day, a terrible, horrible, no good, day. The day started with  our youngest daughter having an accident in her underwear. I promise you she was completely trained and all of a sudden has been having accidents again. The "accident" was followed by another "accident", the kids were all watching TV together when my husband checked in on them. There was a disastrous problem...the bathroom was flooded. All fingers pointed to Lily, she left the water running. The next thing that happened was one of the worst, she had a number 2 accident in her underwear. When I finally thought the day would turn around and get better, after her nap she found a pen and started writing on the new gray slip cover on our couch. You've got to be kidding me! Finally we ended the day with her grabbing the parmesan cheese from the countertop (she is not suppose to touch anything on the counters!) and sprinkled it all over the floor leaving the tub about a fourth full. This day was horrendous with only one child doing terrible things over and over again.


I started thinking about the things that happened this day and realized a terrible truth, this was all me and my husband's fault. I felt like I let my baby girl down. I didn't do what I should do as a mom. I realized that she had no one on one time all day with me or her dad. It was so simple and right in front of me all day! The truth, I like to play 2 things with my kids, coloring and hide and seek. I hate playing with barbies, super heroes and games at this age of my children. But regardless I know this is a simple thing that my kids need from me every day. I am the mom who gets carried away with cleaning my house and keeping everything in it's place that I tend to neglect playing with my children. I hate a messy house but I know I need more quality time with my children. This was a learning experience for me.

On the other end of this I thought about Lily, she's not bad not at all. She is curious, brave, daring and strong. If these qualities are put into the proper perspective I know she will conquer the world and be an amazing woman. I love her and everything about her!

On this terrible, horrible, no good day, I decided that every day from this day forward I would take the time to play with my kids, at least once. Because, I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment