Monday, April 6, 2015

A Full Night of Sleep

Yesterday we had a wonderful Easter with our families, blood, in-laws, and church. It was a wonderful time and the kids looked extra adorable (if you ask me!).
Have you ever gotten a photo of perfection of your kids? Yeah, me either! Their personality is just glowing all over this photo!

Our holiday was wonderful and exhausting! My Sunday morning started making scalloped potatoes for my parent's Easter dinner and from that point on I didn't stop. We went to Sunday school and church, ate at my parent's then went to my in-laws here in town and then went back to church. It doesn't sound like that much but when you have four kids it's not as simple as it sounds! Keeping the kids together, keeping an eye on them and trying to have them save some candy for later. I'm almost one-hundred percent sure that Lily only ate candy all day yesterday. By eight o'clock the only thing I wanted was sleep...real sleep, the uninterrupted type of sleep, the before children type of sleep. There was no way I would get that lucky. Until my mom offered to have the kids stay at her house for the night! What a blessing! I was so excited! The three oldest kids stayed with them, Milo stayed with me and Brian. I knew there was still a possibility that Milo would still not sleep through the night because his sleep has been so uncertain here lately. Let me tell you one thing. HE SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT! I feel like I won the lottery! He not only slept through the night but also slept until 9am this morning! I am grateful for the rest I received because I know there are many moms who don't get a break, ever. I have no idea how single moms can do it all without help from family. I am a mom who believes that me and my husband should raise our children not a "village" but sometimes we need a little help from the "village" to rest and recuperate. Stay at home moms, we work 24/7. We don't usually get breaks and if we do we're usually doing more of our job. This morning without children I cleaned the house, yes it was is quiet and uninterrupted but it was still my job. For me to have a break from my job I must leaved town, if only for a few hours. Otherwise I'm distracted from what else I could be doing. As my kids get older I want to help others in this way giving my friends and family the real breaks they deserve from time to time because being a mom is for the strong and even the strong need to recharge their batteries every once in a while.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute!! I love their outfits and how their personalities show through. Yay for sleeping through the night! LOL It sure does feel like winning the lottery when they do that. :)

    ReplyDelete