Wednesday, April 27, 2016

The Homeschool Thing

If you've read any previous posts on my blog you know that I homeschool my children. I'm not a self righteous homeschooler who assumes that I am better than the average private and public school family. I believe that one method does not work for all and I do not judge anyones choices so please don't judge mine.


I made this incredible discovery a few months ago that changed homeschool forever in our household. I found a website allinonehomeschool.com (Easy Peasy) and the best thing, it's free. No I didn't stutter it's free! Free curriculum is huge, homeschool materials can cost up to $1000 per child. This high cost forces most families to reuse textbooks for each child which means, erasing, white outing or even using a separate paper to write on. But if by some small mistake that child accidentally writes in a textbook, the teacher (mom) and principal (dad) lose their minds because that book costed them $50! Have no fear for with this curriculum there is not only no cost but no textbooks. This missionary mother gathered resources from the internet to teach her own children. She decided to share what she used with her own children with us. It's a ministry to homeschool families. There are endless games, videos, books and printables for an entire 171 day school year and it takes the children only a couple hours to finish their school day. 
Image result for easy peasy homeschool

Yes there are printables but most of us own computers and have access printer. But you may ask between buying paper and ink it's got to add up. Since starting this curriculum I've only had to change my ink once at about $40 for black ink paper twice at $3. Which is with three different kids working on Easy Peasy. We will possibly spend $100 this school year with three kids not too bad at all compared to the thousands we could spend.
Image result for money
Easy Peasy is also focused on teaching the kids to do all of the work on their own. My kids ages 3, 4 and 6 are working on levels, getting ready one, getting ready two and second grade. They still require a lot of my help but I have a friend who teaches her older children at home using the Easy Peasy curriculum and her 10 year old is now doing the work on his own. 


As for record keeping I keep all of my children's printable work including their projects in a binder with name and grade. I also keep a notebook full of other things they're required to write.





I personally love this curriculum because there is little to no planning and there is such a large variety of learning. Since it's on the computer I feel it's high tech and moving along with the future of our society. Whether you are just beginning to homeschool or are to the end of your school year consider Easy Peasy you will find yourself and your children enjoying school a little more and possibly saving your family thousands!

No comments:

Post a Comment