Tuesday, April 26, 2016

I AM WOMAN

Life for any human being can be dysfunctional, busy, insane and sometimes an epic failure. As a mom I we are more likely to experience these failures, because quite frankly the failure is not of our own. The downfall of these failures effect those who rely and count on us for everything. 


As a mom I experience my own failure daily. I want to be everything to my children, husband, friends, and family. For example, I want to be a fit, spiritual, kind, patient, loving, understanding, giving, perfect mother. But every day I fail, whether I eat something that I fully know is horrid for me. Perhaps I don't spend time with my Lord or Heaven forbid my home is completely atrocious. There is something that always gives. Despite myself I do not and will not give up on my goals of becoming a better mom. But I do keep in mind that I am human and sometimes I will disappoint and that's okay.

Image result for wonder woman
Contrary to my belief, my husband's belief and if I'm lucky my children's belief I am not nor will I ever be Wonder Woman. She is a simple alien fictional character. I can not help but consider the fact that if all of us as human beings would be just a little more human and transparent there would be a general understanding that there is no one close to becoming the fictional woman above. But in our shallow society we honestly believe that we are to achieve the great feat of perfection. We see television, movies, books and magazines that tell us excellence is the norm. Well, It's not, every one of us lacks somewhere or feels inadequate. Honesty among women when it comes to flawed life is a difficult task. We are constantly trying to outdo another. Instead of competing let's show some unity. When a mom, friend or family member is obviously having a hard time in life; please don't condemn them or show them how much superior you are to them and there problems. But continuously show them you care and understand. Share your experiences and downfall. As women we can unite and become stronger than ever but we must stop the comparisons and prestige. Exchange perfection with failure.


Recall that today you can do just what needs to be done in your household. Share your failures with others. Become understanding of other moms and women. Because sincerely will we get it all done? Will we become Wonder Woman? No, but remember to ask for help and remember you're not a fictional alien! 

No comments:

Post a Comment