Monday, May 16, 2016

BE PREPARED!! for Sports Games



We do our best to attend every home soccer game. My husband is the coach as mentioned in a previous post Soccer Mom Soccer Wife Soccer Life. We do occasionally travel to games no more than an hour away. The kids seem to enjoy watching the games. I am starting to enjoy attending the games the older they kids get and my husband loves to have us there for support.

One thing I have learned after having four children, always be over prepared for anything because anything can happen with kids! Am I always prepared? No, afraid not. I can be very forgetful at times but I strive to be more prepared every day. One of my kids may just have an accident in their pants, one child could get hungry and all four kids may need a little entertainment. Preparation is so important for kids so that things may go just a little more smoothly.

For soccer games with the children I come prepared with snacks and or snack money. Snacks entertain my children like no other. The timing of the games always seem to be around dinner time and we will eat before or after but with my kids I have found that once they see other people walking around with food they want some too!
Image result for hotdog

 I always bring plenty of toys. I have an extremely organized friend who puts all her kids toys in shoe box plastic containers from Walmart. The boxes are only a dollar! She is amazing at how organized she keeps her home! She is my organizing idol! ;-) To the games I bring a boy toy box (shoe box) and a girl toy box (shoe box). I remind them that they are fully responsible for their toys and they are to keep them up and always play where I can see them. This is my rule almost always you never know what those little rats will do or where they'll go unsupervised! 

I have a toddler who has just started potty training so I always bring his backpack too! Full of clean clothes, underwear, baggies, and wipes! You never know when that accident will come!

Blankets and sweatshirts are a must for any outdoor sporting event here in the midwest. From day to day we have no idea what the weather may be or when it will change. I try to be prepared with the warmth of sweatshirts and blankets! 


All in all we enjoy, love and have fun at soccer games, as long as we come prepared!

2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying all of your lovely blog posts! :) Is that organized friend me?! I feel so honored if so. Not feeling organized at the moment, but I do love those boxes and grabbing one for the car or when we go out to eat! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course it's you Julie!! ;-) You're amazingly organized! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete