Thursday, May 12, 2016

Brothers, Sisters, Friends

God has blessed us with four beautiful, healthy children. They are insane most of the time and completely adorable all of the time. My favorite part of the day is watching them positively interact with one another. But I really hate to see and hear those conflicting moments that cause them to argue and fight. When that ugly comes out I just want to throw it back in. I've always considered the sibling relationship a complete love hate relationship.


It warms my heart to see them connecting and enjoying a moment together. Often I feel like all they do is argue with each other. But in all honesty they love their siblings and have become best playmates. I'm ecstatic to see their relationship as siblings grow into friends. Brothers and sisters have a connection like no other relationship. We experience so much as children and even adults. We grow, learn, endure, support and care for one another. This is what we try to teach our children. I can not help but be saddened by strained sibling relationships. To me siblings should be one of the strongest relationships in the world. Receiving a call from a sibling in time of trouble should not be a regret but an honor and delight. We are connected by blood and nothing will change that. We are all apart of a family who needs love and support of everyone. There is always someone to look up to in a family. I hope in our family our children always take that very seriously. In a family there are no inactive members. Whether a family member chooses to become an "active" member or not they still impact the family unit as a whole. Sometimes the impact is positive sometimes negative. Why not be a good example full of love, care, understanding and compassion. Families should serve and love with their whole heart.


In play at our house there are Barbie spies, princesses and knights, super heroes, restaurants, libraries, house play and so much more! Watching their imagination go is incredible and I can not help but think back to my own childhood and how much fun my siblings and I had. I myself had a brother and sister and we had a great time together playing pretend I'm glad my children have the same opportunity.


Guess what? My siblings and I do not agree on everything! We never have, being a family is not about agreeing but supporting. We don't do the same things or even have the same taste. But I know without a doubt they are always there for me with a kind and understanding ear. I hope they feel the same way about me because I'm greatly blessed. As a child I prayed for a brother, I wanted a brother badly and that's what God gave me. After having a brother I had to have a sister too so I prayed for a sister and God has given me both. When we get in a rift I remember the prayers I had as a child and that's what really matters. What really matters is that God gave them to me! He knew for whatever reason I needed them and they needed me! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment