Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Uninterrupted Time

I am constantly trying to take time out to get things done, without the kids driving me crazy! Sometimes it's merely time out for myself but most of the time I take time out to get something, cleaned, cooked, organized or prepared. Seriously, can I have 10 minutes of uninterrupted time? Even when I take a trip to the bathroom I hear the chilling screams of, "MOOoooommm! It's greta to be needed and loved but this is over kill!

Image result for mom quote going to the bathroomImage result for zumbaYou guessed it, today I tried to get something done. I actually finished it this time but that's not always the case. I committed myself to a Zumba DVD workout first thing this morning. I have really struggled after having Milo to get physically fit and have the energy I need for my kiddos. The biggest problem for me is actually having the time. Okay, you got me I do HAVE the time I need to MAKE the time . Making the time that is also uninterrupted because there is nothing more annoying than starting a workout routine only to pause every 5 minutes.


Today I had a goal, my goal was to get up early (7am) and dance away. I knew I'd get up before most of the kids. To my unfortunate surprise not only was Lily, who I knew would be up first, but Milo was also awake. The not so morning person child of mine already whining and demanding food. I immediately knew I was about to see if my commitment was really important to me. I was not looking forward to the workout. Just as I anticipated the kids drove me insane the entire time.
I've asked myself a thousand times why this is so hard for me. I hate working out and I certainly hate being interrupted. I decided that whether I like it or not my children are teaching me a lesson. A lesson I've never been too fond of. A lesson of patience. Patience and determination. I've always had determination but quite frankly my determination is exhausted and stressed therefore not strong by any means. Patience is hard for me and always has been I am learning along with my children to take a deep breath and count to ten. Calm down for a second and remember that before I know it I'll have all the time in the world to have uninterrupted time. One day they'll all be grown up with their own families and I'll have the time I now crave and miss this age. Miss this age of wonder and excitement. I am told all too often that it honestly goes by too fast. Sometimes I need to step back, think and have a little perspective on my life even when things are hard. I will continue to stay determined and patient to do a workout in the morning. But I may have to tweak things a little bit but losing some sleep is easy to let go of than the time spent with my children.

Image result for kids growing up too fast quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment