Monday, April 27, 2015

But, why?


A lot of things have happened over the weekend both good and bad. We enjoyed some terrific company of friends, family and church family. No matter what is going on in our household I'm so grateful to have those three things. My kids have been a little crazy, I have been really crazy and somehow I still love what I do. Being a mother can be stressful at times, honestly living life in general can be stressful but no matter the stress or the problems we especially as mothers must "keep keeping on". Some days we may feel like walking out of the house to never return again. There may be times when you'd just love to be anywhere but in the four walls of your home.

Why, do we do this to ourselves? As I said earlier life is hard enough why add to it the stress of raising children and by staying home with them? I know why down in my heart I know why, it's because of one thing that keeps everyone going the one thing that drives goodness in our hearts. Love, we do all that we do for our children because we love them dearly. Possibly we may even love them more than life itself. God has given and showed us this perfect love when he sent his son to die for us. An unconditional love. No matter what silly crazy or even wrong thing our children do in our hearts we should love them. Love gives us the strength to carry on.

The truth? I stay home with my children because I love them and I feel that me being home with them and raising them is most important. God gave me each of these wonderful human beings and the least I can do is try my very best to raise them to be good productive adults. I take that job very seriously and try to do all that I can to teach them right. But on those days where I lose my mind and decide that enough is enough, those are the days that I remind myself of the love I have for each of my children. Love inspires me to go on another day. Constantly moving forward. I thank God for His love without it I would not have that perfect example of unfailing and unconditional love. If I had conditional love I would have thrown each of them out by now! :-)

Love, I love my children which is why I truly love my job. As moms, I think sometimes we need to remember why we are doing what we are doing. Because passion and reason is important when looking to the future and not just in the here and now. What am I teaching my child now that will make them the adult they are for the future? And why have we decided to do it. This week I'm going to try to have a perspective of love in everything I do. Because the truth is not only am I a SAHM (stay at home mom) and I do that for my children but I do my housework for my children and husband as well because I love them. I want everything I do, even for duty to be done in love because if I'm not doing it in love it's not worth doing anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment