Wednesday, April 22, 2015

The Neighborhood Book Box

We love our quiet little neighborhood. In our neighborhood the majority of our neighbors are older people. Across the street lives an older couple who loves kids. They love talking to them and even just watching them play out in the yard. A few weeks ago we came home from the store and saw this, a book box.


The kids were immediately fascinated with this colorful box and wanted to know what it was all about. I explained to my children that it was "mini library" where you can take out books that you like and return them when finished. They were all thrilled and couldn't wait to borrow some books!


Since then the kids have checked out nearly fifteen books. Our neighbor has encouraged our children to keep the books. "Free books?!" The kids think it's the greatest thing ever!



I love that my children can walk right across the street and find a "new" book in my own neighborhood! I encourage my children to read books by reading myself and reading to them. I love books! Kids books, adult books, old books, love them all! I feel as though one can not have enough books. The education learned from a variety of books is incredible. I want my children to love them as I do. I hope they never stop learning either! No matter how old there is always something else to learn, even from books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment