Friday, May 6, 2016

Mornings





Image result for anna from frozen in the morning
Like looking in a mirror in the morning

For as long as I can remember I have always hated mornings. I'm just not a morning person. I look like death warmed over and can not talk to any single person. No one told me this would become a real problem once I became a mom. This is why I now drink coffee. At least one cup of Joe every morning!
Image result for moms and mornings funny
The wee hours of the morning do not slow down my children and actually seem to energize them. I dearly appreciate my sons because both of them are wonderful sleepers! They generally sleep until 8 or 9 o'clock. Sometimes they switch things around and are the first ones awake. Why, what makes kids sleep longer or shorter? I don't get it. I put my kids to bed later thinking surely they will sleep later but to my utter disappointment they are up even earlier than ever expected. I am very sure that my children were given to me for the sole purpose of forcing me to wake earlier than I'd ever like. If I had a choice I wouldn't wake until 8:30 or 9:00 every morning but as most adults I do not have that choice.

Image result for anna from frozen the suns awake so i'm awakeLily, my dear sweet Lily she just challenges me on all parenting levels. Her tiny little body senses the suns rays outside her window. All the kids have sun blocking curtains but somehow she knows and she's up. Again just like little Anna (seriously we have too much in common with this Disney blockbuster) her argument is "the sky's awake, so I'm awake.".


Image result for coffee quotes
 I just can not deal with the craziness so early in the morning. Can someone please explain to me how a child can be so contrary first thing in the morning, even when waking up at their own will? It never fails that my two youngest are not only contrary but contrary with each other. I must quickly reach for my coffee in the morning because sometimes I just can not. Mom's you've been there that one moment where all your disciplining and order goes out the window simply because you can not. I get it, I'm there with you.

Image result for mom morning funnyI've decided it must get better at some point. We did go through the extremely annoying phase where each child came to my bed first thing in the morning and each asked for breakfast because they were SO hungry follow by crying and a full blown fit. Praise be to the Lord this no longer happens! I've decided that there must be hope for the not so morning moms who have little kids that are waking at high speed far too early in the morning. I'm truly looking forward to those teenage years when they don't want to wake up until noon. Finally we can be done with mornings all together! ;-)

Now don't get me wrong I love my children, I just don't love mornings. After we've all truly been awake and the attitudes are back to normal levels I enjoy a cuddle with these little monsters who call me mom. There's nothing like getting a hug from your child it's incredible and so rewarding in itself.




No comments:

Post a Comment